|Lauki Kheer Recipe|
Lauki Kheer Recipe- Lauki phirni or Lauki kheer or Bottle gourd pudding is a creamy and delicious dessert made using grated bottle gourd, milk and nuts. It is easy to make and tastes heavenly. You can make this for any special occasions or festivals or just to serve your kids a chilled treat in summers.
To give a smooth texture to the recipe, lauki is blended very finely in milk and Bread and dry fruits are added to the dish for giving rich creamy taste to your tongue, . Lauki kheer can also be used to make a sweet called “Indrani” with a little twist.
By cutting down the bread proportion, you can make this dish for fasts also.
Sugar-200 gm or upto your taste
Almonds, cashew-10-12 pcs
Milk cream-2 spoon
- Peel off the guard and grate it nicely in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Chop the dry fruits and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and add milk to boil in it for making kheer.
- While milk starts boiling, put the flame at low and add grated guard to the milk.
- Let the guard and milk blend with each other for 10 minutes at medium or low flame.
- Once guard starts changing its color to light, add sugar, dry fruits and milk cream/ malai.
- Cook for other 5-7 minutes and put the flame off.
- Now add bread pieces to the hot kheer and let it come to room temperature.
- Now using a blender, smooth the mixture for even consistency.
- Freeze it for half an hour and serve chilled with crushed dry fruits garnishing or just plain.