|Gajar ka Halwa with Condensed Milk|
Gajar ka Halwa with Condensed Milk- Gajar ka Halwa also popular as gajrela is a sweet dessert pudding originating from the Indian subcontinent, associated mainly with the North India.
The recipe of Gajar ka Halwa with Condensed Milk cuts on the lengthy procedure of its preparation and is the most favorite sweet dish, specially in winters. It is loved by all generations. To cut down the preparation time, here I am using condensed milk to prepare Quick recipe for Gajar ka Halwa.
Here, quick gajar ka halwa is prepared with red juicy carrots cooked in condensed milk . But to go for its traditional counter part, you can also try other versions of Gajar ka halwa.
Carrots-1 kg or 4 cups of grated carrot
Condensed Milk-1 tin or 400 ml
Ghee-3-4 table spoon
Dry fruits (cashews, raisins, almonds, pistachio)-10 to 12 pc each
- Take red juicy carrots and peel off and wash them in running water to remove all the dust.
- Grate carrots either manually or using food processor (as I did 😛 to reduce time).
- Heat ghee at low flame in an open karahi or thick bottom pan.
- Add grated carrots to the karahi and stir at low flame till carrots start changing colour.
- Now add condensed milk to the karahi and let it cook at low flame. Stir occasionally to avoid burning smell from the dish.
- This process will take time until condensed milk blends completely into cooked grated carrots.
- When carrots seems cooked and blends in condensed milk, add dry fruits and mix well to give a smooth consistency to the dish.
- Keep stirring until both condensed milk and carrots gets blended and the halwa gets slightly thick.
- Quick Gajar ka halwa is ready to be served hot garnished with chopped dry fruits.